Waukesha North is moving all athletics under one webs site. The new website for the swim team will be transitioning over to http://waukeshanorthathletics.com
Once there you can click on Fall Sports and then Girls Swimming.
Or just click on this link and go directly to the page.
The good news is that there will be a subscribe feature there as well that will allow you to receive notifications as well.
Thanks to everyone for making the banquet a success tonight. Especially Mrs. Herman and Mrs. Van Der Merwe for organizing the banquet, the Captains for all the effort in making things run smoothly, as well as all the speech writers. Not an easy task, but it was well done.
Here the slide show minus the music –
The season concluded on Saturday, but that is just the competition part. We still have the banquet on Sunday. It will be a great day to celebrate our success these past 2 months.
One thing that needs to be done this week – Vote for our end of year awards. The athletes get to vote for their peers and vote for next years Captains. Go to this link https://goo.gl/forms/FzZI52xAhUL0n16d2 and vote.
We would encourage you to read the descriptions for the awards and spend some time thinking about your team. You can also use the Other: box on the ballot for a write-in vote.
Here is the schedule for this week:
- Monday – Open swim for all – 5PM to 6:30PM
- Tuesday – Off
- Wednesday – Off
- Thursday – Off
- Friday – Off
- Saturday – Off
- Sunday – Banquet at Delafield Brehaus starting at 4PM
For the second straight season, we went 18 for 18 on season-best individual times and 3 for 3 on season best relay times. Included in there were many lifetime best swims.
And although we did not have any swims advance to State, it was great to see that we were 65.93 seconds faster than our seed times. We had a number of people move up OR into the top 20 in school history.
Great swimming today! The bar and expectation level have now been set to a really high level for the number of swimmers that are returning to next year’s team.
No one ever wants to see their season end. It is hard on the athlete and even harder on the coaching staff. We competed at the highest level and performed at our best today. We will use this momentum and carry it forward. #NoOffDays
Although we start our taper this week, we still have work to get done.
We need to be extremely crisp with our starts and turns along with our stroke efficiency. These are all things that we have been doing and focusing on the past three to four weeks.
Yardage will drop a bit each day, and rest will increase, but race pace will stay present for most of the week. Everyone needs to be getting a little more rest at night as well.
- Monday – Swimming from 5:30 to 7:30PM.
- Tuesday – Swimming from 5:30 to 7:30PM.
- Wednesday –Swimming from 5:30 to 7:30PM.
- Thursday – Swimming from 5:30 to 7:30PM.
- Friday –Swimming from 5:30 to 7:30PM. Team Dinner at Coach Kyle’s House.
- Saturday –Sectional Meet at Waukesha South. Warmups Start at 12:30. Meet starts at 2PM. Arrive at Noon
We are now in the Championship Season with the Sectional meet in two weeks. This is the only way to qualify for the State Championship Meet the week after.
We would like to congratulate the Sectional Team of Sophie, Anna, Lexi B, Allyson, Lily, Ava, Grace, Emily, Kaitlyn, Krysta, Amanda, and Lexi V.
The plan is to keep working this week and putting more emphasis on Race Pace. Race Pace means Race Pace. This in conjunction with perfecting our turns will be key this week. More rest (aka Sleep) should be starting this week also.
- Monday – Dry land for all from 4:15 to 5:15PM. Swimming from 5:30 to 7:30PM.
- Tuesday – Dry land for all from 4:15 to 5:15PM. Swimming from 5:30 to 7:30PM.
- Wednesday –Dry land for all from 4:15 to 5:15PM. Swimming from 5:30 to 7:30PM.
- Thursday – Swimming from 5:30 to 7:30PM.
- Friday –Swimming from 4:30 to 6:30PM.
- Saturday –Practice from 9:00 to 11:00AM
42 season-best times from 60 swims. A job well done! Team scores do not necessarily reflect the effort and time drops that we saw from a large group of swimmers.
There were two heat winners yesterday and two podium finishes yesterday. That is always exciting to see.
A great season for all of you that ended yesterday. Hopefully, you see the benefits of what we are doing as a team and are inspired and excited to get better for next season
There is still work to get done for those that are moving on. Sectionals are in two weeks and we need to stay on course with the plan and continue to get better.
We are now going into Championship season with the Classic 8 Conference meet for both Junior Varsity and Varsity on Saturday at Waukesha South.
This is the concluding meet for the Junior Varsity as well as a couple of Varsity members. Week 13 is Sectionals and that meet is only 18 entries.
This also means that those that have their last meet Saturday will start what is called Taper Time.
Here is the schedule for the week, and it should also be up to date on the Google Calendar as well:
- Monday – Divers from 3:45 to 5:15PM. Dry land for all from 4:15 to 5:15PM. Swimming from 5:30 to 7:30PM.
- Tuesday – Divers from 3:45 to 5:30PM. Dry land only for Non Taper group from 4:15 to 5:15PM. Swimming from 5:30 to 7:30PM.
- Wednesday –Divers from 3:45 to 5:30PM. Dry land only for Non Taper group from 4:15 to 5:15PM. Swimming from 5:30 to 7:30PM.
- Thursday – Divers from 3:45 to 5:30PM. Swimming from 4:30 to 6:30PM.
- Friday – Divers from 3:45 to 5:15PM. Swimming from 5:00 to 6:30PM. Team Dinner at Warren’s House.
- Saturday – Conference Meet at Waukesha South. Diving Warm Ups starts at 7:45AM with Diving starting at 9:30AM. Swim Warm Ups start at 12:30PM with the meet starting at 2:00PM