Very solid week of practice with strong performances in our meet concluding with a great effort this morning. We are doing everything correctly right now. What we are doing now will prove to work out well in the Championship part of the season.
We talked about how times did not matter much on Thursday. Let’s clarify that just a bit. Yes, times are important, and we use them as a gauge to see how you are progressing. But those are Outcome Based goals. When too much focus is based on the Outcome, there is a greater chance for failure. What we are emphasizing more is Process Based goals. Things like effort, racing, competing against the kid next to you, working on proper technique, staying focused throughout the meet. Having a bit more direction in the Process will thus make the Outcome occur the way you want.
Just a reminder on a couple of things…
- We are student/athletes with the key part being Student. Grade checks will be coming up very soon. It will be in your best interest to get on Web Grader and check your grades.
- Breast Cancer T Shirt orders are due to Janelle on October 16th
- Banquet is on Sunday, November 17th. Turn in RSVP’s to Katie Breger
- Try getting some extra sleep at night these next couple of weeks
- Dress appropriately leaving practice. Just because it is 70 at lunch time does not mean it is that temperature when you leave practice.