Not sure about all of you, but when we hear a kid say something like “I like being around this team” as we are in hour 19 of the 24 hour Swim-A-Pooloza V event, a couple things come to mind: mainly sleep deprivation, but more importantly how much we have come together as a group in a short period of time.
Now we have school starting this week the meet schedule becomes more routine with all of our weekday meets being on Thursdays. It will normally be three days of training then a meet to evaluate what what we have been working on.
We still have two weeks to collect our fundraising efforts from yesterday.
And as part of our Food Drive, we are going to continue the efforts this Thursday for our dual meet against DSHA. Bring in three cans of non perishable food items and you can get in free to the meet.
This is our last week of practicing until 8PM with the swimmers. Here is the schedule for the week:
- Monday – Divers go in the AM. Dryland at 4:30 for all. Swimmers start at 5:30PM
- Tuesday – Divers go at 4PM. Dryland at 4:30. Swimmers start at 5:30PM
- Wednesday – Divers go at 4PM. Dryland at 4:30. Swimmers starts at 5:30PM
- Thursday – Dual Meet against DSHA at North. Meet Starts at 6PM. Athletes should arrive at 4:15PM
- Friday – Divers go at 4PM. Swimmers are off for Friday Football – Both schools have home games.
- Saturday – Swimmers start at 8AM and goto 10:30AM