Last week was an excellent start to the 2016 season. We worked hard in the pool we had two great dry land sessions with Coach Crosby. We also has some solid discussions about Trust, Leaders, and Respect during our circle time after warming up.
Those that attending the WISCA Swim Clinic on Saturday also heard Coach Wadley talk about Above the Line Thinking along with how our Response to Events will determine our Outcome. One of out favorite quotes was “get your 20 square feet in order”.
On to Week 2. We have used this image the past couple years and with Phelps maybe retiring now, we will use it one more time.
We have a great deal of things that are happening this week and this week is going to fly by quickly so it will be imperative that we are all on the same page the entire week.
Here is the schedule for the week:
- Monday – Divers from 8 to 10 AM. Dry land from 4 to 5PM. Swimming from 5:30 to 8:00PM. We will be working on starts and turns, more for newer members, a little less for returners but will be doing it.
- Tuesday -Divers from 8 to 10 AM. Dry land from 4 to 5PM. Swimming from 5:30 to 8:00PM. We will warm up and then do a little time trial. This year we will do them in the order of the events as they would appear in a meet.
- Wednesday – Divers from 8 to 10 AM. Dry land from 4 to 5PM. Swimming from 5:30 to 8:00PM. We will have time at the end for team cheers so we look and sound great on Thursday. We have a team dinner that we will have at the Pool right after practice. We will also have a Parent Meeting at 7:30 in Room 300
- Thursday – Divers from 8 to 10 AM. Bus leaves Waukesha North at 4PM for our Dual meet at Hartford. If you are not taking the bus home from the meet or are getting to the meet another way you must have your alternate transportation form filled out in advance. Meet starts at 6PM and should finish around 8PM
- Friday – Divers from 8 to 10 AM. Swimming from 5:30 to 7:15. Swim-a-Pooloza starts immediately following and gets under way with Aqua Zumba. Full time line and a Sign Up Genius request will be sent out independently.
- Saturday – Pick up from Swim-a-Pooloza at 5:30PM